GTA V/ GTA 5 Download: Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5 has been a global hit ever since it came out in 2013. Developed by Rockstar Games, GTA 5 is an action-adventure multiplayer game that takes you through a broad story of chasing cars, looting banks, and more fun. Originally, GTA V/ GTA 5 was released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The game has since been released for PS4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. GTA 5 will soon be released for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Add to that, you have multiple ways to download GTA 5 for Android. In this article, we are going to cover all the bases using which you get GTA 5 download for PC, and how to download GTA 5 for Android, and more.
How to download GTA 5 for PC
The availability of GTA 5 online for PC was big news for gamers across the globe. They were no longer reliant on buying GTA 5 from Microsoft and Sony game stores. Instead, GTA 5 download for PC is available using Steam, Epics Games Store, and the official Rockstar Games store as well.
How to download GTA 5 for PC online using Steam
If you are using Steam to download GTA V for PC then you will first have to download the Steam app to your system. After that, you have to log in to your account. If you are new to the platform you can register and create an account as well. Follow these steps to download GTA 5 on Steam:
• Go to the Steam website and download the Steam app to Windows PC
• Now you can register for a new account or log in if you already have one
• Search or GTA 5 on the Steam app
• Choose the GTA 5 version that suits your need and budget
• Make payment using debit/credit card, or other modes for GTA 5
• After payment confirmation, hit the Download button to get GTA 5 on your PC
How to download GTA V for PC: Things to note
Make sure the PC has more than 100GB of internal storage space.
Steam recommends you download a single game title at a time.
How to download GTA 5 online using Epic Games Store?
Epic Games Store is another digital source from where you can get GTA 5 download. Like Steam, you will have to download the Epic Games Store Launcher to the PC. Here are the steps to follow:
• Go to Epic Games Store website and download the Launcher from the top-right.
• Login to Epic Games account. You can also create an account using the Signup option.
• Search for GTA 5 in the Epic Games Launcher on the system.
• Click on the buy now button, make payment and download the game.
GTA 5 download for Android:
Most of you might know that GTA 5 is not officially on Android. But that does not mean smartphone users cannot enjoy the action-packed multiplayer game. In fact, PC users are not the only ones who get multiple ways to download GTA 5. If you want to play GTA V on Android, and if you have a Steam account or Xbox Game Pass, here is how you can download GTA 5 on Android.
How to download GTA 5 on Android mobile phone
Now that you have downloaded Steam on your PC, you can use the same Steam account to play GTA 5 on mobile as well. GTA 5 can be mirrored to your Android smartphone from the PC. All you have to do is log in using your Steam account, and download the Steam Link app on your phone. Here are the steps to download GTA 5 on Android:
• Download Steam Link app on Android phone from Google Play Store
• Link Steam Link to your Steam account and the connected PC
• Tap on the Start Playing button to mirror the interface on the Android mobile phone
Search for GTA 5 from Steam library, tap on Play to start playing
How to download GTA 5 for Android using Xbox Game Pass
Besides using Steam, GTA 5 for Android is also available through Xbox Game Pass subscription. Here are the steps that can let you play GTA 5 on Android:
• Download the Xbox app on your phone from Google Play Store
• Login to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate using your account
• Scroll over to the Cloud Games section
• Search for GTA 5, tap on it to start playing
Can you download GTA V for Android?
GTA 5 is not officially available for Android from Google Play Store. You will have to rely on the mirroring feature to play GTA 5 through Steam or Xbox Game Pass account. You will have to pay to buy the game first, only then it will be compatible to run on Android phone.
GTA 5 download for iPhone
GTA 5 is not officially compatible with iPhone and there is no way you can sideload or mirror the game from other platforms to the iPhone.
GTA V/ GTA 5 system requirements for PC
GTA 5 system requirements for PC include Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, or Windows Vista version. You need to have minimum of Intel Core 2 quad-core CPU along with 4GB RAM for GTA 5 to run on PC. Your system should also have NVIDIA 9800 GT GPU, DirectX 10 compatible, and 90GB space on hard disk available. With these hardware specs, you can enjoy playing GTA 5 on your PC.