Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Web Hosting Namecheap Shared Hosting Stellar, Plus, and Business 2021 Review. Then & Now!

• Thread Author
namecheap stellar hosting plus and business review 2021

Namecheap is one of the best and largest domain registrar company around the world. Established in the year 2000. This company grew a lot and now provides various other web services at very affordable prices.

Namecheap For Domains​

Their domain registration, transfer and renewal prices are much cheaper and better than most of the domain registrar such as GoDaddy, Enom and more. Domain management and admin panel/dashboard looks pretty neat as well.

Namecheap Shared Hosting 2021​

Besides domains, namecheap does provide a lot of other services such as SSL certificates, private mails, cheap premium VPN, shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers.

In this thread we gonna discuss about the shared hosting by namecheap. Also I will share my personal experience with them. I am and was using their stellar, stellar plus and stellar business shared hosting plans from 2018. For few of my websites and my client's websites.

Namecheap shared hosting and specifications​

As of now, 2021, Shared hosting service provided by namecheap are divided by 3 packages or plans. These are in the order lower to higher.
  1. Stellar
  2. Stellar Plus
  3. Stellar Business
1. Stellar
Stellar hosting is the cheapest hosting plan in namecheap. Which allows maximum of 3 website to be hosted. You can see the basic specs on namecheap website. Here are the hidden specs.
DEDICATED RAM​
1GB​
SSD SPACE​
20GB​
ENTRY PROCESS LIMIT​
20​
CPU USAGE LIMIT​
20%​
I/O SPEED​
50MB/S​
FILE INNODE LIMIT​
300,000​

2. Stellar Plus
Namecheap stellar plus hosting plan comes with unmetered storage and bandwidth. Unlimited number of websites can be hosted on this package. The hidden technical specifications are below.
DEDICATED RAM​
2GB​
SSD SPACE​
UNMETERED​
ENTRY PROCESS LIMIT​
30​
CPU USAGE LIMIT​
30%​
I/O SPEED​
50MB/S​
FILE INNODE LIMIT​
300,000​

3. Stellar Business
Stellar business is the most powerful and expensive shared hosting plan from namecheap. It is aimed for the websites with higher number of traffics and more resource usage. The technical specifications are listed below.
DEDICATED RAM​
2GB​
SSD SPACE​
50GB CLOUD​
ENTRY PROCESS LIMIT​
40​
CPU USAGE LIMIT​
40%​
I/O SPEED​
50MB/S​
FILE INNODE LIMIT​
600,000​

Namecheap Shared Hosting Review 2021​

All real reviews and real experience I will share briefly with you everyone here. You can share yours as well. Since namecheap changed a lot in terms of service quality, I thought this review is needed. Reviews are listed in a separate post below.

Last edited:

Namecheap Shared Hosting Speed & Stability Review​

Here are the review that I wanted to share with you all.

Stellar - Old 2019-2021.​

i have an 2 years old namecheap account with a stellar (basic/starter) plan subscription of 2 years. It runs very smoothly even for now. It has 2 wordpress website, with both 14000+ daily unique visitors. It handles it really well. It has the same specs as current namecheap hosting plans.

uptimerobot response time: 200-300ms (with stable linear graph)
Google PageSpeed: 500-700ms average server response (3tests)
Gtmetrix TTFB: 200-300ms (3 tests)

Stellar - New 2021​

But I recently bought stellar(starter) hosting plan from namecheap in the year 2021. It has same specs as the older one I mentioned. I tested this hosting plan with same wordpress site (database and file migration, cached clear, generated new cache, purged cloudflare cache and other necessary steps). Even the test site has no real traffic, near 0 load, The results are quite a bit shocking!

Uptimerobot response time: 500-700ms (unstable zig-zag styled graph).
Google PageSpeed: 900-1500ms average server time. (3 tests)
Gtmetrix TTFB: 400-500ms (3 tests)

Surprising isn't it? I guess they have started overselling for their newer hosting servers/packages. Old one still works fine.

Stellar Plus 2021​

I have bought namecheap stellar plus just to test in the starting of this month March, 2021. I got the same results as the "stellar 2021" above.

Since "stellar" is their most basic plan I am using it as the metrics for this comparison of mine. The one I purchased in 2019.

Stellar Business 2021​

I have bought the namecheap stellar business hosting package as well for the test in this month, 2021. I have run the same steps as above. The results are below. Yes, with near zero traffic, near zero loads.

uptimerobot response time: 300-500ms (unstable graph with huge peaks).
Google PageSpeed: 700-1200ms average server response (3tests).
Gtmetrix TTFB: 350-470ms (3 tests)

You got to be kidding me namecheap. It is supposed to be the fastest as per the specs and it is the highest available shared hosting plan in namecheap. But still it is slower than the stellar hosting that I purchased back then in 2019.

Stop overselling hosting for newer customers/sells namecheap. Either increase the price or release higher more powerful shared hosting plans. Just to atleast keepin up with the quality as the old services before.

Customer support does not really do anything about this. They will simply ignore these claims. I have provided them with screenshots and all. I will post them here too!

Conclusion​

Indeed namecheap is still better and miles ahead than other mainstream companies that provides web hosting (in terms of price to performance ratio) like GoDaddy, hostgator, hostinger and more. But it doesn't mean you will degrade the service quality in comparison to your own service quality before, namecheap.

As I use namecheap as my main registrar, I indeed want all my services at one place. Shared hosting is good for starting projects and loading speed/TTFB is important factor.

That's all I wanted to share. If you have any experience similar to this, share it here with us.

Last edited:
Back